For those of you unfamiliar with Gibbs’ story start here.
How is Gibbs doing? He’s is fantastic he’s put on weight, you can still see his ribs a little bit, but you have to really be looking for them. If you run your hand down his side they are still very obvious. Ideally, I’d love to put another 50 lbs on him. I like to keep older horses on the chubby side of healthy, it just gives them a extra oomph should anything happen, they get sick etc. So far my plan has worked for Bandit, my mom’s 31(!) year old cutting horse.
Where is Gibbs? Gibbs and CC are now at my house. My trainer Pam and I had differing opinions on who should benefit from my horses. She wanted to use them for her gain while putting nothing into them. But it works out because Gibbs and CC are now in green pastures and sunshine and this life seems to agree with Gibbs.
Is Gibbs leased right now? Nope, no he is not and I foolishly did not take “may not be sold or leased” out of the adoption contract so for now he’s my trail horse/pasture ornament. CC however, is leased and I’m giving lessons on him to another prospective lessor.
So life is sunflowers, puppies, and candy now right? Wrong. I have absolutely zero source of income right now except for my etsy store which can be found here. Why is this a problem? My credit card is maxed out thanks to the Gibbisaurus and I have a whole $4 in my checking account. I used the last of my hay this morning and Gibbs is out of joint supplement and my cell phone bill was due on the 25th of Feb.
Oh no that’s terrible how can I help? That is a wonderful question!
- Gibbs gets a monthly SmartPak shipment so SmartPak gift certificates are appreciated because his supplements (with added joint supp) are around $45 a month. SmartPak Gift Certificates can be ordered here my email is Swissgirldrivesatruck@gmail.com.
- Buy something from my etsy store. All proceeds at this time are going to feed Gibbs and keep me from doing a swan dive off my second story porch (not really about that second part, but it’s an entertaining thought)
- Donate! No guarantee ALL money will be going to Gibbs, but in the end that’s where most of it goes anyway (This is why I can’t have nice things!).
- Host a Help #GibbsTheHorse Donation button on your blog or website
- Give me some work to do! I’m capable of writing, creative graphics etc. Any type of work that I can do long distance I can do!